Accepting a Stafford Loan
There are two parts to accepting your student loans: completing your entrance loan counseling form and signing your Master Promissory Note. The details are below.
Complete your entrance loan counseling:
- Go to www.elion.psu.edu.
- Select “students”.
- Sign-in using your PSU username and password.
- Click on “Loan Entrance Counseling” from the left side menu.
- Read the material and answer the questions.
Sign Your MPN (Master Promissory Note):
Things you will need:
- Your Federal PIN number (Retrieve your Federal PIN number www.pin.ed.gov)
- Your Social Security number
- 2 references: 1 person with whom you reside; 1 with whom you do not reside
- Your driver’s license (if you have one)
- Go to www.studentloans.gov.
- Click on “Sign In”.
- Select “Complete Master Promissory Note”.
- Select “Subsidized/Unsubsidized”.
- Select School: Pennsylvania State University.
- Read through the materials.
- Electronically Sign the form.
- Print a copy for your records.