Clubs and Organizations
Penn State Wilkes-Barre's clubs and organizations provide opportunities for students to participate in a variety of co- and extra-curricular events. They also provide leadership opportunities for students as club and organization executive board members, campus and community service volunteers, and program coordinators of student-run events. See the current list of clubs below.
To start a new club, meet with Jackie Warnick-Piatt – it’s fun and rewarding. Clubs and organizations are governed by university and campus policies and rules. For more information on university policies, see http://www.sa.psu.edu/organizationrules/. For campus-specific policies, see the Student Government Association constitution and documents available in the Student Activities Office, C-129, or online at www.wbsga.psu.edu.
All members of Student Government Association and all sponsored clubs and organizations are required to perform both on-campus and community service projects. Our volunteers contribute hundreds of hours each academic year to worthy projects. Examples of such projects include Bowl for Kids Sake, American Red Cross Blood Drives, Glove-Hat-Sock Drives, preparing meals at St. Vincent DePaul Soup Kitchen, Pet Food Drives, Toys For Tots, and Penn State’s own THON.
Current Clubs and Organizations
- 4 Seasons Club: Love the great outdoors? Skiing, snowboarding, horseback riding, hiking, camping, white-water rafting… We are the club for you!
- Reserve Officer Training Corps (Army ROTC and Air Force ROTC).
- Blue and White Society: We are the student members of the Penn State Alumni Association. We provide opportunities to network with alumni, hold the Annual Blue and White Ball, and more!
- Business Club: New York City... here we come! Join us for our etiquette dinner, professional speakers, and our annual trip to the Big Apple.
- Campus Activity Board: Work with the Activities Coordinator to coordinate upcoming events, from Movie Nights to Mardi Gras, 50’s Parties to Spring Fling Week events!
- The Revolt: Got News? Journalism major? Become a reporter and write for the campus paper.
- Engineering Club: We make things move! Join us for our balloon launch, senior-project presentations, and more.
- Fitness Club: Get healthy with weekly Fitness Routines developed by fellow students, participate in 5K Run/Walks, and get fit!
- Global Citizens’ Society: We promote diversity as a whole. We seek to increase awareness of the various cultural, religious, socioeconomic, and other groups on campus. We strive to make the experience of every student as informative, pleasant, and comfortable as possible.
- Haunted Forest: Nothing better than chasing screaming classmates through the woods with chain saws... all to support children with cancer at the Hershey Medical Center!
- Health Club: Have a healthy college experience! Work with our Campus Health Services to host monthly Health Promotions and the end of the year Health Fair.
- ISTSA: We are the Information Sciences and Technology Student Association... LAN and WAN Parties, info and training sessions... come see us!
- Lambda Sigma: We are the National Honor Society of surveying majors.
- Lazy Artist’s Society/Radio Club: Got Talent? Open mic events, DJ-ing in the Student Commons, car shows, and more… we certainly aren’t lazy!
- Lion Ambassadors: We are the official student representatives and tour guides of Penn State Wilkes-Barre. Join us and learn to walk backwards!
- Mountain Lion Varsity Club: Through our fundraising efforts, we support our athletic teams with new equipment, team travel, and game day support.
- Nit-Li ARTS: We strive to develop and encourage artistic life at the campus. Our goal is to encourage our student body to experience the beauty of the different types of art (writing, drawing, photography, music, dance, acting, etc.) and experience how we as human beings can create long-lasting mental pictures of our individual contributions.
- PSU EDU: Education majors: we provide a means for students to get involved and make a difference in this world through films such as BULLY, discussion groups, and community speakers.
- Students For Justice: Administration of Justice majors: Criminal Minds, CSI... We support our major by bringing to light criminal justice issues, while also seeking to advance the concept of justice through community activities and campus projects.
- Surveying Society: Geocache anyone? Lime green vests? We provide opportunities for our members to hear guest speakers, participate in field trips, and attend state and national professional conferences.
- THON: FTK... For the Kids! The largest student-run philanthropy in the world, THON is a is a yearlong effort to raise funds and awareness for the fight against pediatric cancer, culminating in a 48-hour dance marathon to raise money for the Four Diamonds Fund at the Hershey Medical Center. Help us help them – check us out at www.THON.org.
This office is closed from May 15 to July 15. During this time, please contact Student Affairs at 570-675-9279.
- Student Activities
- Student Services
- Student Services Home
- Academic Advising
- Career Services
- Disability Services
- Financial Aid
- Food Services
- Health Services
- Information Technology Services
- Learning Center
- Off-Campus Housing
- Personal Counseling
- Safety and Police Services
- Student Support Services
- Veterans' Services
- Student Policies