What is a certificate program?
A certificate program is a sequence of classes that provides you with core competencies in a specific area. With careful planning, the credits can usually be applied toward an associate or baccalaureate degree. Because certificate programs usually require only between 9 and 25 credits for completion, you are able to earn this Penn State credential in a relatively short time. Certificates are available in just about every field, including business, human development and family services, education, information technology, and healthcare---just to name a few.
What advantages are associated with certificate programs?
Certificate programs are ideal for people who want to set smaller, more immediate goals and work up to meeting larger ones. In fact, a credit certificate program can be the gateway to a college degree. You start by completing the credit courses and earning the certificate, and you apply those courses toward a degree now or in the future.
There are dozens of other advantages, too.
Perhaps you have a college degree. Certificate programs offer advantages for people like you, too. You can gain knowledge in a new subject area, stay current with developments in your field, acquire new skills or learn the latest technology.
Employers today are demanding more education from their employees than ever before. A certificate in a specialized area represents knowledge, accomplishments and competencies. What better way is there to position yourself for advancement in your career or to prepare for a new one?
Make a certificate program your starting point.
All of the programs are designed as flexible, convenient opportunities for self-enhancement, higher education, and professional development.
Interested in a certificate? Request more information by filling out the information request form found on our website or by calling our Continuing Education office at 570-675-9253.
Earn a Credit Certificate from Penn State Wilkes-Barre!
- Financial Accounting Certificate
- Customer Relations Certificate
- Teaching Writing and Literacy **New
- Introduction to Corporate Communication **New
- Corporate Communication **New
- Intro to Rehabilitation and Human Services **New Starting Summer 2015!
- Intro to Psychology **New Starting Summer 2015!
Credit Certificates in the Workplace
- Introduction to Administration of Justice Certificate
- Communication and Leadership Certificate
- Customer Relations Certificate
- Engineering Leadership Certificate
- Information Sciences & Technology Certificate
- Introduction to Business Management Certificate
- Letters, Arts & Sciences Certificate
- Logistics & Supply Chain Management Certificate
- Supervisory Management Certificate
- Workplace Wellness Leadership Certificate
Graduate Credit Certificates (Programs for Educators)
- Certificate in Production and Inventory Management
- Certified Supply Chain Professional Certificate
- Project Management Certificate
- Graduate Courses in Education
- One-to-One Computer Training
- Computer Training for the 21st Century
- SAT Preparation Courses
- Introduction to Psychology Certificate
- Rehabilitation & Human Services Certificate
- Supervision Essentials
- APICS Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP)
- Supervision Leadership Series
- Wilkes-Barre Film & Discussion Series
- Film & Discussion Series: Dietrich Theater
- Natural Gas Industry Training
- Stormwater Management
- Modern Concepts of Trauma
- Executive Management Series
- Summer Youth Camps
- Continuing Education
- Programs for Adults