Penn State Wilkes-Barre has a long history of working with business and industry. Our dedicated faculty and staff will partner with you to assess your immediate and long-term needs, then custom design and implement training solutions to satisfy them. Our mission is to understand yours, and to develop your human resources to achieve your goals and objectives.
We will take a strategic view of your business and work hard to develop a relationship with you. We believe that only a partnership based on mutual respect will allow us to create the educational opportunities your people need to stay competitive in the global market place. Programs are customized to meet your specific needs and delivered on-site at times convenient for your work force.
Our Systematic Process:
- Listen to your organization’s goals and plans
- Help identify performance gaps and assess needs
- Collaborate to develop action plans and learning objectives
- Create and deliver targeted solutions
- Help evaluate results
- Follow-up . . . we want to remain partners in your success!
For over 30 years, Penn State Wilkes-Barre's Continuing Education Department has been working with companies to meet their educational programming needs. Our portfolio is extensive, offering programs in an array of subject areas. Some of our most frequently offered programs include:
For more than twenty years, Penn State Wilkes-Barre has been recognized locally for high quality computer applications training. From introductory courses to high level applications training to web based instruction, Penn State Wilkes-Barre provides “hands-on” computer training for each individual on-site at company locations or in our state-of-the-art computer lab. If your organization has a number of employees with similar computer training needs, a packaged or customized training program can be developed. One-to-one computer training is also available.
Leadership and Team Development Programs
Let us Partner with YOU to Move Your Organization Forward
Penn State has the talent, resources and capabilities including environmental assessments, training, consulting, credentialing, learning tools, and techniques that can be applied to refresh skills and enhance knowledge retention.
Since 1915, Penn State has provided education and training to more than 5,000 businesses and industries throughout Pennsylvania and around the world.
Our staff and instructors will collaborate with your company to make sure our programs fit your unique requirements. Our statewide Continuing Education network and faculty combine real world business experience with academic credentials when partnering with businesses to develop tailored training solutions for your organization’s most valuable asset—your workforce. For your convenience, delivery times are flexible and most programs can be held on campus or at your company’s site.
Our customized programs can provide training for employees at every level of your organization in many subject areas which include but are not limited to:
• Workforce Enhancement
• Performance Development
• Effective Governance
• Enhancing the Environment
• Evoking Change
• Project Implementation
Workplace Environment and Safety Programs
Penn State’s Workplace Environment and Safety Programs provide environmental compliance training, OSHA compliance and workplace safety training, safety hazard assessments and ergonomic evaluations for organizations and industries of all types and sizes. Our programs are designed to educate your managers, supervisors, and employees on a wide range of environmental, health, and safety issues of concern to all employers. Each course is taught by a qualified instructor and offers participants the knowledge, skills, and advice they need to create workplaces free of occupational safety and health hazards.
Key topics include:
- Legal Aspects of the Occupational Safety and Health Administration
- OSHA’s Inspection Protocol
- Citations and Penalties
- Record Keeping
- Injury Reporting Protocol
- Implementing a Safe Work Environment
- Management Commitment to Safety in the Workplace
- Corporate Safety Policies
Other Training Programs
Penn State Wilkes-Barre can offer other training programs tailored to meet the needs of your work force. These include:
- Communication Skills (writing, presentation, interpersonal)
- Dealing with Workplace Diversity
- Engineering Technology
- Food Safety
- Information Technology
- Technical Training
- Understanding and Preventing Sexual Harassment
- Cultural Awareness in the Workplace
- Graduate Courses in Education
- One-to-One Computer Training
- SAT Preparation Courses
- Real Estate Prep Courses
- Introduction to Psychology Certificate
- Rehabilitation & Human Services Certificate
- Supervision Essentials
- APICS Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP)
- Executive Leadership Non-Profit Boards & Executive Directors Workshop
- Supervision Leadership Series
- Retirement Planning
- Wilkes-Barre Film & Discussion Series
- Northern Tier Film & Discussion Series
- Continuing Education
- Programs for Adults