Penn State Wilkes-Barre offers a wide variety of development programs for youth. Students of all ages can enjoy an educational experience in a university setting. Programs are customized to offer each age group the appropriate mix of educational and fun activities. Our youth programs are high quality, interactive and taught by university-approved instructors. Take a look and pick a program that will meet your needs. To find out more information on any of our Youth Programs, call us at 570-675-9253 or email us at email@example.com. We look forward to seeing you on campus!
SAT Preparation Course
Penn State Wilkes-Barre, in cooperation with Cambridge Educational Services, Inc., offers high school students a seven-session, grade-free course to prepare students for the verbal and math portions of the SAT. The course is not designed as a cram course for the SAT, but rather provides information on the current format of the SAT and instructs students in test-taking techniques to help them realize their full potential on the test. Instructors are approved by Penn State to teach the SAT preparation course and are fully qualified to effectively assist students in improving their math and verbal skills, and test-taking strategies. This course is offered four times a year.
- Familiarity with the SAT Reasoning Test, test mechanics, concepts, and strategies.
- Critical reading – improve reading comprehension, understanding of single and double passages, and strategies for sentence completion.
- Writing – grammar and mechanics review, as well as effective essay writing.
- Math skills – familiarity with math grid and when to use a calculator; math shortcuts.
- Advantages and disadvantages of guessing.
- Ways to reduce the time needed to answer questions.
- Scoring of the SAT and how to compute a score on sample tests.
REGISTER NOW for the upcoming SAT sessions.Session 3: Saturdays 10:00am – 1:00pm
1/18, 1/25, 2/1, 2/8, 2/15, 2/22, 3/1 2014
Snow Makeup: Tuesday 3/4 from 6:00pm - 9:00pm
[Preparation for the March 8, 2014 and May 3, 2014 SAT Tests]
Session 4: Tuesdays 6:00pm – 9:00pm
3/11, 3/18, 3/25, 4/1, 4/8, 4/15, 4/22 2014
Snow Makeup: Tuesday 4/29 from 6:00pm - 9:00pm
[Preparation for the May 3, 2014 and June 7, 2014 SAT Tests]
Session 5: NEW— Online/Self-Directed SAT Preparation Once you register, you can prepare for any SAT Test that is offered within the next five months. Your tuition includes exclusive Web-based materials to help you master test content. From interactive lessons, comprehensive lesson content, knowledge measuring quizzes, and timed tests, you can prepare for the test anytime/anywhere at your own convenience. This session includes Critical Reading/Writing AND Math.
You may also register by completing, printing, and mailing or faxing the SAT registration form to:
Penn State Wilkes-Barre Continuing Education
PO Box PSU
Lehman, PA 18627
or faxing it to: 570-675-8308
or by phone: 570-675-9219 or 570-675-9253
Credit card information must be included for phone or fax registrations.
Summer Youth Camps
Summer Reading Skills Programs
Women in the Sciences and Engineering (WISE)
- Civil Engineering Professional Engineer Exam Review
- Financial Accounting Certificate Program
- SAT Preparation Course
- Graduate Courses in Education
- One-to-One Computer Training
- Supply Chain Management Certificate Program
- Spring Film and Discussion Series
- Spring Real Estate Prep Courses
- Project Management Certificate
- Retirement Planning Today
- Continuing Education
- Programs for Adults