After Admission – What’s Next for Transfer Students?
Congratulations and welcome to Penn State Wilkes-Barre! Below are the steps you need to take before classes begin.
Accept your offer of admission and pay your enrollment fee.
Now is the time to accept your offer of admission by paying your enrollment fee. This fee may paid online through your MyPennState account or by stopping in the Finance Office in Hayfield 110.
Schedule and attend an Advising appointment.
Transfer students should contact the Advising Office (570-675-9217) to schedule a meeting with an academic advisor. Your advisor will assist you with course scheduling and registration, and will provide you with other important information for completing the enrollment process. During your advising session, you will:
- Activate your computer Access Account. Your advisor will ask you to sign for your Penn State computer access account, which is made up of a user ID and password. Your access account will give you an official Penn State e-mail address and will allow you to access a number of Web-based programs and services at Penn State. In most cases, you'll use your access account to register for your courses.
- Schedule your courses through the eLion website. eLion is an interactive web-based service for students, faculty and advisers that provides access to academic records (course schedules, grades, transcripts, semester bill, address information and much more). To access e-Lion, you must have an active Penn State Access Account. Scheduling courses will generate a semester bill. For more information on scheduling courses, contact the Registrar’s Office at 675-9233 or the Advising Office at 675-9217.
- Have your student ID picture taken for your Penn State id+ card. The Penn State id+ Card is the official University identification card and can be used to access a variety of services both on and off campus. Your card includes your photo and PSU ID number. ID cards are available in the Safety and Police Services office in Hayfield House on the first floor.
- Get your free parking permit in the Safety and Police Services office in Hayfield House on the first floor. Bring your driver’s license, registration and insurance card with you. Designated parking areas are available across campus. Read the campus parking policies here.
- Purchase your textbooks at the Bookstore. Once you have scheduled your classes, go to the Bookstore in the Student Commons building to purchase your textbooks. Be sure to take your class schedule with you.
Complete your semester registration by paying your bill.
Scheduling courses will generate a semester bill. Paying your semester bill moves your registration from incomplete to complete status. An e-mail message will be sent to the your official University e-mail account announcing that your eBill is available to view and/or pay via eLion. (Penn State will NOT send you a paper bill. If you have problems with accessing your email or elion, please call the IT Support Center at 570-675-9140 or stop in the Tech Center Room 108 to get help.) You may also need to e-sign your Federal Stafford Loan Master Promissory Note.
To learn more about paying your bill, go to http://www.bursar.psu.edu/instructions.cfm.
Questions about your bill may be directed to the Penn State Wilkes Barre Finance Office in Hayfield 110, at 570-675-9289.
Questions about financial aid may be directed to our student financial aid coordinator in the Murphy Student Services Building at 570-675-9242.
Attend new-student orientation program.
You are invited to attend our orientation program, which occurs shortly before classes begin. Depending on your major, you may be invited to specialized orientation programs for your program of study. For more information on orientation or on getting involved on campus, contact Jackie Warnick-Piatt at 570-675-9284 or email email@example.com.
Submit your immunization records.
Penn State University requires all degree-seeking students to be immunized against measles, mumps, and rubella and to submit this information online. Students are also encouraged to complete an online Health History form. Follow these Instructions for reporting immunization and health history online.
8:00am - 5:00pm
(evenings by appt.)