Apply to Penn State
Several key components comprise a complete application. When you apply to Penn State, you will need to send us the following:
- Your completed application form (Web preferred)
- $50 nonrefundable application fee
- An official copy of your high school transcript, or a copy of your General Education Diploma (GED)
- SAT or ACT scores (SAT code #2660 or ACT code #3656)
- Official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended, the military, and AP scores, if applicable
- List of course work, in progress or planned, prior to enrollment at Penn State
- Catalog descriptions of all course work completed and scheduled
(Please note: if you have not already done so, please request that your SAT or ACT test scores be sent directly to Undergraduate Admissions from the appropriate testing agency. We no longer take test scores from your high-school transcript. It is not necessary to send test scores using the “rush” option. Testing services sends us scores electronically at the student’s request on a nearly weekly basis.)
In addition, you should have the following information available to include on your application:
- Social Security number
- High school address and College Board code number
- Immigrant visa information (if applicable)
- U.S. military service information (if applicable)
Penn State has rolling admissions, which means there is no deadline for applying. However, the evaluation of transfer applications does lengthen the review period, so transfer students are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
If you plan to begin in the...
Summer or Fall Semester
If you apply...
by Dec. 31
on or after Jan. 1
You can expect notification by:
We strongly recommend that future Penn State State students complete their applications online. To do so, you will need to create a MyPennState account. MyPennState will take you through the Admissions process step by step. With MyPennState you can get application information, fill out your application online, print a paper application, receive customized messages and reminders, and check the status of your application. You can work on the online application and save it, then retrieve it at a later time for revision, completion, and/or submission.
To create a MyPennState account, go to http://www.admissions.psu.edu/MyPennState and click “sign up now”. (Note: Make sure to remember your MyPennState user ID and password! Your application is linked to this account.)
To log into your MyPennState account, go to http://www.admissions.psu.edu/MyPennState.
Should you need a paper application, you can print one by logging into MyPennState and clicking the "Apply via Paper" link on the right-hand side of the page. Or, call the Penn State Wilkes-Barre Admissions office at 570-675-9238 to request that a copy be mailed to you.